Operator Card (PCOC) - FAQ - Transport Canada - pleasure craft operaters card


pleasure craft operaters card

How do I obtain a Pleasure Craft Operator Card? The most common proof of competency is the Pleasure Craft Operator Card. You can get the card by taking a boating safety course in-person or online, and passing the test at the end of the course. Training and testing for this card is only available through Transport Canada accredited course providers.

For complete information, see the Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations and visit our Operator Card (PCOC) – FAQ page. Obtaining a Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) Boaters who do not already have one of the other documents accepted .

The Pleasure Craft Operator Card is proof of competency and allows Canadian residents to operate their boat for recreational purposes in all Canadian waters, where permitted. Q. Who needs the Pleasure Craft Operator Card and when? A. All operators of powered watercraft used for recreational purposes within Canada require the card as of.

By law, you are required to carry your Pleasure Craft Operator Card* at all times when driving a powered watercraft. Have you lost your card? Replace it before heading out on the water – it's easy and convenient. Still have your card? Order extras and keep them handy for when you're ready to go boating. Keep a Card.